New WIP Release (1.4 2017-09-15)
We’re pleased to announce the release of a new Work-in-Progress (WIP) version of Orca3D (1.4 WIP 2017-09-15).
Please note that this release no longer supports Rhinoceros version 4. This and future Orca3D WIP releases require Rhinoceros version 5.
- Modified Orca3D Simerics Marine Simulation meshing options to allow the user to choose “coarse”, “normal”, or “fine” Simerics meshing.
- Extended the Orca3D Simerics Marine Simulation command so that keyboard input is supported during interactive definition of propeller geometry.
- Fixed a bug in the Orca3D Simerics Marine Simulation analysis command related to defining custom propeller Kt/Kq values.
- Fixed a bug in the display of Orca3D Simerics Marine Simulation face attributes which caused it to be very slow for large meshes.
- Modified network installation to target “All Users”
As a WIP, there will certainly be feature additions, changes, or removals before the final release, but this is your chance to give us feedback and suggestions. A few important notes to be aware of:
- This version of the 1.4 WIP will function only with Rhino 5, and not with Rhino 4. You should have Service Release 12 or later.
- Only one version of Orca3D may be installed at a time. Therefore, you must uninstall Orca3D from your computer before installing this WIP.
- No change to your License is required. The new version of Orca3D will find your existing License.
- Portions of the Help file may not be entirely up to date.
If you have questions as you install and use the new release, remember that you can:
- send an email to email@example.com
- read through the Help file which is available from the Orca3D menu in Rhino, and on our web site here
To download the new version, please visit Our Work-in-Progress page. Thank you very much for using Orca3D, and we look forward to hearing from you!