Please read the following information:
- Please note that this release no longer supports Rhinoceros version 4. This and future Orca3D WIP releases require Rhinoceros version 5.
- Orca3D is a plug-in for Rhino. You must have Rhino installed prior to installing Orca3D. If you do not, please download Rhinofrom the Rhino web site and install it before installing Orca3D.
- Important instructions when running in Windows 7, 8, and 10: After installing Orca3D, you must run Rhino once using the Windows “Run as administrator” option in order to install and start the Orca3D License Service. This is most easily accomplished by right-clicking on the Rhino desktop icon and selecting “Run as administrator.” This is only required once; thereafter you may start Rhino in the usual fashion. If you do not perform the steps above, you may receive an Orca3D License Service error.
- Windows 10 may require the installation of Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 prior to the installation of Orca3D. You may download the installation from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22.
Note: There are now native 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Orca3D. Requirements specific to the 32-bit or 64-bit version are noted as such below.
Please note that this release no longer supports Rhinoceros version 4. This and future Orca3D WIP releases require Rhinoceros version 5.
- Rhino Version 5, SR 12 or higher.
- Hardware: See Rhino 5 hardware requirements (http://www.rhino3d.com/5/systemrequirements.htm)
- Operating Systems tested: Windows 7, 8.x, & 10* (32-bit and 64-bit OS versions with Orca/Rhino running as 32-bit processes; 64-bit OS versions with Orca/Rhino running as 64-bit processes
- All other Windows operating systems have not been tested but may work
- Mac: The Intel Mac with Bootcamp has not been tested
- VMWare and Parallels: Licensing Orca3D under VMWare, Parallels, and similar virtual environments is not supported
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (the Orca3D installation will attempt to install it if it is not already on your computer)
- Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2010 (the Orca3D installation will attempt to install it if it is not already on your computer)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime Libraries (the Orca3D installation will attempt to install it if it is not already on your computer
- Valid license key (without this, Orca3D will operate as a 15-day fully functional evaluation copy)
- The Offset Table function requires Microsoft Excel
*Windows 10 may require the installation of Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 prior to installation of Orca3D. You may download the .NET 3.5 SP1 here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22
Important Information regarding US Export Control Regulations
Orca3D is subject to the United States Export Regulations, as administered by the Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry Security. The software may not be used in or exported/re-exported to Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. The same restriction applies to persons, no matter where they are located, that appear on the Table of Denial Orders, the Entity List, or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By clicking on any of the links below, you hereby certify that you are not a national of Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any country to which the United States embargoes goods, nor do you appear on the Table of Denial Orders, the Entity List, or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
Please select the appropriate link below to download the Orca3D WIP, Version 1.4 (2017-06-29). This WIP will expire on October 4th, 2017. We will either post a new WIP or a final release before then.
Please note that this release (2017-06-29) of the Version 1.4 WIP will not run with Rhino 4. Rhino 5 is required, either 32-bit or 64-bit.
Download the version of Orca3D based on the version of Rhino that you use, NOT based on your operating system. The 64-bit version of Orca3D will NOT work with 32-bit Rhino 5, even if you are using a 64-bit operating system.
If you have a network license, do NOT install either of the versions below. Click here for the network installation files.
Windows 10 users, please see Note 4 to the left regarding Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1. Please be sure to uninstall the previous WIP before installing this one.
If you use 32-bit Rhino 5, download the 32-bit version.Download 32-bit
ONLY if you use 64-bit Rhino 5, download the 64-bit version.Download 64-bit