New WIP Release (1.4 2016-10-28)
We’re pleased to announce the release of a new Work-in-Progress (WIP) version of Orca3D (1.4 WIP 2016-10-28). This WIP will expire on April 1st, 2017.
Please note that this release no longer supports Rhinoceros version 4. This and future Orca3D WIP releases require Rhinoceros version 5.
- A new command was developed to interface Orca3D with the Simerics Multi-Physics (SimericsMP) Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis tool. The command, OrcaSimericsAnalysis, has the ability to use the Design Condition or any user defined loading condition to compute the model’s hydrostatics and world placement. The hull model must be a closed, solid body, and the user must attribute the Faces of the model as belonging to the Deck, Hull, or Transom. The command exports the model as custom STL files, and then creates the SimericsMP simulation files based on a Simerics Template and the analysis type (displacement or planing) for each speed to be analyzed. Finally, the command allows the user to launch SimericsMP with a selected simulation file. SimericsMP will open the simulation file and will automatically generate surface meshes and volume grids that are suitable for the requested simulation.
- Split the developable hull assistant extension curve into unique forward and aft controls.
- Fixed multiple bugs causing instability in the developable hull assistant. Improved handling of non-developable input data.
As a WIP, there will certainly be feature additions, changes, or removals before the final release, but this is your chance to give us feedback and suggestions. A few important notes to be aware of:
- This version of the 1.4 WIP will function only with Rhino 5, and not with Rhino 4. You should have Service Release 10 or later.
- Only one version of Orca3D may be installed at a time. Therefore, you must uninstall Orca3D from your computer before installing this WIP.
- No change to your License is required. The new version of Orca3D will find your existing License.
- Portions of the Help file may not be entirely up to date.
- This WIP will expire on March 1st, 2017. Either a new version of Orca3D will be released before then, or a new WIP will be released.
If you have questions as you install and use the new release, remember that you can:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- read through the Help file which is available from the Orca3D menu in Rhino, and on our web site here
To download the new version, please visit Our Work-in-Progress page. Thank you very much for using Orca3D, and we look forward to hearing from you!