New Orca3D Work-In-Progress (WIP) Release (2016-03-24)
We’re pleased to announce the release of a new Work-in-Progress (WIP) version of Orca3D (1.4 WIP 2016-03-24). This WIP will expire on July 26th, 2016.
Please note that this release no longer supports Rhinoceros version 4. This and future Orca3D WIP releases require Rhinoceros version 5.
- Incorporated an updated drag library from HydroComp, Inc.
- Updated intact hydrostatics reports to include a table of values when running cross curves evaluation.
- Added design hydrostatic condition import to the general hydrostatics form.
- Windows 10 is supported. However, it may require installation of .NET 3.5 SP1, if you have not had Orca3D on your computer before. You may download the installation from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22.
- Removed dependency on Visual Studio Power Packs that was causing installation issues for some Windows 8/8.1/10 users.
- Fixed culture-specific list evaluation in planing hull wizard and RIB hull wizard causing improper behavior of the slider controls.
- Fixed chine determination for single surface hulls in lines drawing evaluation.
- Fixed bug where hull modifications using Orca3D tools may unintentionally split a surface along all creases.
- Fixed solver bug in stability criteria leading to failed stability analysis.
- Fixed broken help file hyperlinks to reflect changes to the Orca3D website structure.
- Fixed bug that caused the loss of saved developable hull assistant settings when migrating between the Orca3D release and WIP versions.
As a WIP, there will certainly be feature additions, changes, or removals before the final release, but this is your chance to give us feedback and suggestions. A few important notes to be aware of:
- This version of the 1.4 WIP will function only with Rhino 5, and not with Rhino 4. You should have Service Release 12 or later.
- Only one version of Orca3D may be installed at a time. Therefore, you must uninstall Orca3D from your computer before installing this WIP.
- No change to your License is required. The new version of Orca3D will find your existing License.
- Portions of the Help file may not be entirely up to date.
- This WIP will expire on July 24th, 2016. Either a new version of Orca3D will be released before then, or a new WIP will be released.
If you have questions as you install and use the new release, remember that you can:
- send an email to email@example.com
- read through the Help file which is available from the Orca3D menu in Rhino, and on our web site here
To download the new version, please visit Our Work-in-Progress page. Thank you very much for using Orca3D, and we look forward to hearing from you!