New WIP Release (1.4 WIP 2014-11-19)
We’re pleased to announce the release of a new Work-in-Progress (WIP) version of Orca3D (1.4 WIP 2014-11-19). This WIP will expire on February 4th, 2015.
Please note that this release no longer supports Rhinoceros version 4. This and future Orca3D WIP releases require Rhinoceros version 5.
- Changed the storage mechanism for weight/cost items, to improve the speed when reading, writing, and computing weight/cost properties.
- Fixed a bug related to the detailed section of the stability criteria evaluation report. The results of the first heeling arm condition were being reported instead of the upright condition.
As a WIP, there will certainly be feature additions, changes, or removals before the final release, but this is your chance to give us feedback and suggestions. A few important notes to be aware of:
- This version of the 1.4 WIP will function only with Rhino 5, and not with Rhino 4. You should have Service Release 8 or later.
- Only one version of Orca3D may be installed at a time. Therefore, you must uninstall Orca3D from your computer before installing this WIP.
- No change to your License is required. The new version of Orca3D will find your existing License.
- Portions of the Help file may not be entirely up to date.
- This WIP will expire on February 4th, 2015. Either the final version of Orca3D 1.4 will be released before then, or a new WIP will be released.
If you have questions as you install and use the new release, remember that you can:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- read through the Help file which is available from the Orca3D menu in Rhino, and on our web site here
To download the new version, please visit our Work-in-Progress page.Thank you very much for using Orca3D, and we look forward to hearing from you!