New Orca3D Version (2.0.15) Available
We are happy to announce the release of Orca3D Version 2.0.15. This is a free update to Version 2 license holders. If you have a Version 1 license, please click here to purchase an upgrade to Version 2.
To update a previous installation of Orca3D Version 2, use the Control Panel to uninstall your current version. Next, download the installation file from this page. Double-click on the downloaded file to run it, and follow the instructions.
Following is a summary of what is new in Version 2.0.15, as well as the previous release, Versions 2.0.12, 2.0.13, and 2.0.14:
Release 2.0.15 (February 2020)
- Extended the Simerics CFD interface to automatically create XY plots for heave/pitch and resistance/EHP during generation of the CFD simulation. This requires SimericsMP version 5.0.9 or later.
- Added the ability for the user to modify the gravitational constant used for hydrostatics computations.
- Modified the behavior of the interactive hull assistants so that the view is not zoomed to extents as changes are made to the assistant.
- Modified the scriptable version of the planing hull assistant to include the ability to adjust the chine vertically or transversely (which is already exposed in the interactive version of the assistant).
- Fixed a bug in which copying Rhino objects that contain Orca CFD user data would create invalid user data on the copied objects.
Release 2.0.14 (January 2020)
- Added digital signature to Orca3D installation to confirm software author and guarantee that the code has not been altered or corrupted.
- Fixed an issue in some of the Orca3D hull assistants related to non-US keyboard settings.
- Fixed an issue in Orca3D design hydrostatics which occurred for free float calculations when an initial float plane height of 0 is not suitable.
- Fixed an issue in the Orca3D CFD analysis form where the propulsor controls were not functioning correctly.
Release 2.0.13 (December 2019)
- Modifications to NavCad export command related to mesh normal direction and meshing parameters.
- Fixed a bug when defining propeller performance for self-propelled CFD simulations in which selecting user-defined Kt/Kq or constant thrust/torque options would not allow the user to continue.
- Addressed an issue in the CFD report command, caused by an update to Excel, in which use of named ranges in formulas can result in “#SPILL” errors in the report.
Release 2.0.12 (November 2019)
- Added view definitions of standard orthogonal views in SimericsMP so that the user can easily select Bodyplan, Profile, and Planview views
- Extended the OrcaCreateStrake lifting strake command to include the option to have taper on aft end of strake (in addition to the forward end).
- Fixed a bug in hydrostatics calculations that could occur in specific cases when the water density is changed. This would only impact free-float calculations and could result either in a hydrostatics calculation failure or an output condition whose weight did not match the input weight.
- Fixed a bug in NavCad export command related to correct transformation of the hull geometry for NavCad.
- Fixed a bug in the Simerics CFD report where Cf and Cr could be negative depending on model orientation; also handle the case where more than one .spro file exists in a folder where the integrals text file exists.
- Fixed a bug in the Simerics propeller plot variable definitions