Please read the following information:
- Orca3D is a plug-in for Rhino. You must have Rhino installed prior to installing Orca3D. If you do not, please download Rhino from the Rhino web site and install it before installing Orca3D.
- Important instructions when running in Windows 7 or 8: After installing Orca3D, you must run Rhino once using the Windows “Run as administrator” option in order to install and start the Orca3D License Service. This is most easily accomplished by right-clicking on the Rhino desktop icon and selecting “Run as administrator.” This is only required once; thereafter you may start Rhino in the usual fashion. If you do not perform the steps above, you may receive an Orca3D License Service error.
- Rhino 5, Service Release 14 or higher, 64-bit only. (NOTE: Orca3D is not yet compatible with Rhino 6)
- Hardware: See Rhino hardware requirements (http://www.rhino3d.com/5/systemrequirements.htm)
- Operating Systems tested: Windows 7 or 8 (64-bit OS versions with Orca/Rhino running as 64-bit processes)
- All other Windows operating systems have not been tested but may work
- Mac: The Intel Mac with Bootcamp is not supported, due to recent changes in Windows 10.
- VMWare and Parallels: Licensing Orca3D under VMWare, Parallels, and similar virtual environments is not supported
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (the Orca3D installation will attempt to install it if it is not already on your computer)
- Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2010 (the Orca3D installation will attempt to install it if it is not already on your computer)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime Libraries (the Orca3D installation will attempt to install it if it is not already on your computer)
- Valid license key (without a valid license key, you may run Orca3D for 15 days in evaluation mode)
- The Offset Table function requires Microsoft Excel
Important Information regarding US Export Control Regulations
Orca3D is subject to the United States Export Regulations, as administered by the Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry Security. The software may not be used in or exported/re-exported to Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. The same restriction applies to persons, no matter where they are located, that appear on the Table of Denial Orders, the Entity List, or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
To help us comply with the Regulations, we require you to provide your contact information. By submitting your email address above, you hereby certify that you are not a national of Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any country to which the United States embargoes goods, nor do you appear on the Table of Denial Orders, the Entity List, or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
After entering your email address in the form above, you’ll receive an email to confirm your request, followed by an email with the download link. Please be sure that your address is correct, or you will not receive the link (once you receive the link, it is easy to unsubscribe from our mailing list if you do not want to receive any further communications from us).
After completing the form, click Add, and you should immediately see a “Success!” message above the form. Please check your email for a message from email@example.com, asking you to confirm that you have requested the link (this is done to prevent spam). If you do not see the “Success” message, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.